To satisfy the the increasing demand for PG centre, the management started PG centre in 1995, in the following subjects.
The Departments carefully and thoughtfully plan, their course implementation which is designed by SGGU for the students wishing to earn an MA Degree in the above subjects. The college provides the best possible curricular experience. The efforts are made to prepare students who will serve nation and society with full heart and free mind, without any prejudices and discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religions, sect, gender etc..
Students are prepared for NET and SLET research and for various jobs by adopting different methods like Term Paper and Research Methodology , project work , term test , mock interview etc.. They are also prepared for employment in the various fields.
All the Departments have dedicated and well-qualified faculties who have distinguished themselves academically as also through creative writing. The staff and students employ latest technology for the teaching-learning process and the former use innovative methods to enrich the classroom experience.
Students are mentored in the writing of scholarly papers for presentation at National and Inter-collegiate seminars/conferences, and in the writing of articles for magazines. They are trained to participate in the academic contests at various levels and have braught laurels to the college.
The college feel proud to note that the college has been instrumental in providing employment to many of its students.
Following is a brief sketch of the pg centres
Coordinator : DR.D.P.MACHHI (PRINCIPAL)
Co-coordinator : J.B.JOSHI
Coordinator :MR. K.K.VANKAR
- MR.AMIT PATEL (VISITING FACULTY)
- DR.SANJAY TRIVEDI (VISITING FACULTY)
- MR.SHASHIKANT KAVAR (VISITING FACULTY)
- MR.VINOD GANDHI (VISITING FACULTY)
- DR.KIRIT PATEL (VISITING FACULTY)
- MS.MINABEN PATEL (VISITING FACULTY)
Coordinator :DR. S.S.SANDHU
- DR. H.H.TRIVEDI
- DR. V.D.MACHHI
Coordinator :DR. D.K.BAROT
- To become visible scholars, enhancing their own knowledge and qualifications, thereby inspiring their students to become the same
- To design and execute innovative ways of teaching students
- To mentor both advanced and slow learners and thus make both the best that they can be
- To nurture a climate of original thinking and reasoning in the Department thereby preparing themselves and their students for research and creative writing and publication
- To become sensitive, thinking and hard working individuals who are willing to plough back the benefits of their education into society
- To become academically competent
- To obtain gainful and worthwhile employmen
Department of PG Studies in COMMERCE
The PG center of commerce was established in 2003. The core subject of PG is Accountancy. The Center has created its own place in the SGGU. The Alumni of the course are well placed in business, academic and administration. The course serves the needs of academics as well and prepares students for research and teaching in business studies. The department follows multi-dimensional pedagogy for different programmes which consist of Lectures, Tutorial, Case Studies, Individual and Group presentation, Seminars and workshops, Assignments, Survey based field work, Projects, Industry interactions, Extension lecturers on emerging issues. The students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities to inculcate in them the leadership quality to become effective leaders of the future who are adept at taking calculative decisions. This awareness also helps them to select their job avenues. Following are the main objectives of the programme:
To prepare the candidate or a wide gamut of business positions including a teaching career.
To provide comprehensive and in depth knowledge and skill based that is required for a candidate.
To enhance and update knowledge and skill in the related areas of specialization.
Name of the Faculty:
Co-ordinator : Dr.Jayshree P.Doshi
: Dr.Sureshbhai Patel
: Prof.Mukeshbhai Patel
Department of MSW
The management added in 2016 department of MSW(Self finance) to the college. It was done because of the job opportunites which MSW can create.
Coordinator: Harshad Solanki
- Shivani Kansara
- Trusha Barot
- Nikunj Amin